I’d like to share with you a short list of helpful tips for living your best life in 2016. I came across something similar to this today when a friend shared it with me. I am not sure of the original source but it really spoke to me, and I hope you find it useful. Here are 32 simple things you can do to make 2016 your best year yet.
A Helpful Guide to Living Your Best Life in 2016
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and less foods that are processed.
4. Live your life with Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2015.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
10. Don’t compare yourself to others.
11. Avoid negative thoughts. Invest your energy in the positive present moment.
12. Don’t over do it. Limits are sometimes necessary.
13. Never take yourself too seriously.
14. Envy is a waste of time.
15. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner of the mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
16. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Love others as yourself.
17. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil your present.
18. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
19. Smile. And laugh often.
20. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
21. Each day give something good to someone else.
22. Call your family often.
23. Forgive those who have hurt you in some way.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree…
25. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
26. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
27. What other people think of you is unimportant.
28. Do the right thing.
29. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
30. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
31. God heals everything.
32. The best is yet to come.